5 Free Social Media Tools For Everyone To Use Daily
Many of us seem to be thinking that social media takes up too much of our time. Sure, that might be the case. Luckily there are some tools that might make your life a bit easier. The following is a brief list of free social media tools that I recommend using on a day-to-day basis. At one point or another, I have used all of these daily and saw the efficiency of my activities rise. Try using these tools for a while and see if you can make your social media management a bit more efficient like I did.
- Hootsuite can monitor your Facebook and Twitter properties for free and it also allows scheduled publishing. I use it mainly to monitor different Twitter searches regulary. For paying customers HootSuite also allows link tracking, collaborating and integration with Google analytics and Facebook insights. Their subscriptions start at $5.99 per month.
- Twittercounter lets you monitor and benchmark your twitter stats against others. Twittercounter’s free version features statistics about followers, people you’re following and tweets. I find it very useful for quick benchmarking but for regular statistics and graphs I use Wildfire APP.
- Campaign URL Builder is what I use to tag my links in order to track them. It doesn’t need to be said how important is to tag the links that you post in social media (Facebook for example). If you fail to tag these links, they will be registered as direct traffic which will give you no measurement what so ever.
- Bit.ly url shortener is what I use to make those tagged links short. Bit.ly also provides their own click analytics and they have a Chrome extension I suggest installing.
- Google alerts should be used by everyone involved with marketing and social media in order to monitor what’s being said about your brand or specific keywords in real time.
Do you think my list is missing something? Please comment and add suggestions!
For a more detailed list of free social media tools please see this post!