15 Must See Interactive Youtube Ads
Interactive ads on Youtube are great, but they are still an underused way for creating awesome and catchy commercials.
Many businesses are already experimenting with interactive video and some have got considerable success. That inspired me to pick out the best 15 must-see interactive Youtube ads. Some of them are produced with a huge budget, some of them for nothing at all.
Click “Play” and interact! Fun and inspiration guaranteed!
Short and Simple
1. A hunter shoots a bear
- For the time of writing this post, the video had 17 million views on Youtube and the 1st million came during the first 36 hours.
- Purchase intent in Europe went up 100%. Sales 30%!
2. Skittles’s double-interactive ads
A very simple idea and very easy to implement.
- All 5 videos of this campaign got about 10 million views alltogether.
- Call to action in the end of the video should be much stronger. People are still in WOW emotion after watching the video and the next 5 seconds is the best time to engage them. At least they should ask people to become a Twitter follower or a Facebook fan.
3. How to promote a tongue cleaner?
- Fun, cool. Who said that marketing boring products have to be boring?
- Orabrush CEO said in September, 2010 that Youtube has raised their sales by over a million USD and the biggest pharmacy chain wants their product on their shelves.
4. Movie promotion – Stallone destroys Youtube
You can watch the commercial here: http://www.youtube.com/expendables and here’s a screencast.
- Call to Action in the end of the video is amazing.
5. Insane human curling by BIC
6. Audi campaign in Germany
Video is in German, but it’s cool nevertheless and I recommend to watch it. Involved are some the most famous German soccer playes, Google Maps, special forces and F1 service team. Awesome!
7. Simple musician promotes himself interactively
8. For inspiration
It’s possible to get good results with very little effort and money.
Commercial where you’re a part of script writing.
1. Choose a different ending
Well done social campaign. Like a short movie.
2. Hostage drama promotes an electronics e-store
3. Make your campaign playful
This video doesn’t promote anything, but it’s a good source of inspiration. Why not to create your interactive campaign on a proven and well-known model like the Millionaire game is?
4. Make a game for Youtube
Let your customers play a cool and compelling game that is branded by your company.
5. How to make science cool to children?
6. Desperados beer parties with you on Youtube
It’s one of my favourites, because it’s very social. For example you can invite your friends to the party via Facebook. A real WOW.
You can party with Desperados here: http://www.youtube.com/desperados
7. Hell Pizza and zombies
FABULOUS! Without any doubts, this is my favourite. Turn the volume up and go through the video. It’s gonna be one of the best or even THE best Youtube experience in your life. Was it like that?
PS. I do not recommend it to children and to slightly nervous people.
- Almost 10 million views
- Sales raised sharply and 43% of the growth was from new customers.
Do you know any awesome interactive Youtube ads that we haven’t talked about? Share yours!
Posted on: May 9, 2011
Read These Related Posts
A year ago, comScore reported that YouTube has grown to be the second largest search engine on the internet, topped only by Google...
Passengers trapped aboard a grounded airliner isn't something new - in fact it has happened for decades and nobody has seemed to care. People forgot...
If you put something out ther then it's gone. No taking it back, no cease and desist order will help you. Fighting the negative content will fan the...