Impressive Facts About Social Media
Is your business currently using social media? Because if it isn’t, then it really is time that you did something about it and got in the race – because social media really is the future of the web.
Social media basically encompasses things like Facebook, Twitter and Flickr – they are online services that allow people to communicate, network and ‘connect’ and this way help the flow of communication while at the same time providing some perfect avenues for promoting your business.
However at the same time social media is also more than just connecting with people and marketing – it is also about improving internal communications in businesses and lowering ‘communications overheads’. It can be used to work on collaborative projects, to hire staff and even to create whole new business models like Groupon.
And it’s growing. Fast. Meaning that it’s very much time that you got on the express train. Here are some facts about social media, and why it’s important for you to get involved.
Did You Know…
- 2.3 billion people used social media actively in 2015
- Internet users have an average of 5.4 social media accounts
- 76% of women use social networking sites, men slightly less (72%)
- 35% of couples, married between 2005 and 2012, met online
- With 1.59 billion active users Facebook would be the largest country on earth
- 91% of retail brands use 2 or more social media channels
- The average US consumer spends 40 minutes on Facebook per day
- In 2015 Facebook influenced 52% of consumers’ online and offline purchases
- There are 3.25 billion hours of video watched each month on YouTube
- More than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices
- From the total of 3 billion twitter accounts, only 320 million are active
- 74% of people follow SMEs on Twitter to get product updates
- Over 80 million photos are uploaded each day to Instagram
- Pizza is the most photographed food in Instagram, followed by sushi and pasta
- 96% of US fashion brands have adopted Instagram
- 8,796 Snapchats was sent every second in 2015
- People aged 55-64 are more than twice as likely to engage with branded content than those 28 or younger
What companies also need to be aware of is that Google is now introducing social media as a crucial aspect of its search. This means that you can improve the visibility of your site on Google by using Facebook as a way to get natural inbound links, but that you should also look into using Google’s own social media attempt Google+ which you can now use to promote your site online also, and which you can use to add more information to your listings in the SERPs.
And generally it’s crucial that you look at using all of the social utilities available to you in order to promote your individual pages and articles, but also to connect with potential clients and business partners and to generally market yourself and reach a wider audience. And with search engine rankings being less stable than ever, it is very important now for businesses to look into other avenues for marketing their businesses and generating traffic. As these facts prove social media is big, and it’s only going to get bigger. If you don’t start soon, then you will risk being left behind entirely.
Hey, I am Brian and I work with DirectoryRoll.com; I blog about various web and internet topics like social media, cloud servers, seo and blogging.