Mobile: Facebook, Email and Text Messages Drive Purchases [Statistics]
ExactTarget released a study of mobile users and their purchasing patterns (PDF).
To function effectively, marketers must embrace one fact: mobile is not a channel — it’s a platform. Or, more accurately, a series of platforms (smartphones, tablets, etc.) — through which marketers can engage consumers, from texting to calling, apps to email, Facebook to Twitter, and beyond. […] consumers control your ability to market through these channels.
- 89% of US online consumers age 15+ own a cell phone
- 41% have a smartphone (with email capabilities, web access, and other advanced functionality)
- 33% of US smartphone owners have an Android phone, 25% own an iPhone, 19% use Blackberry
- 52.9% of people use all the functions of their smartphones (Prosper Mobile Insights)
- 66% of consumers use their smartphone to check email at least once per day
- 59% of respondents use their smartphones to browse Internet daily
- 50% people use Facebook on their smartphones at least daily
- 20% of smartphone owners report comparing prices while shopping in a brick-and-mortar store
- 16% of users have made a purchase as the result of a message they received on their smartphone
Social Media Marketing 2018, PPC on 10+ Platforms.Learn how to market via Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Google and more advertising platforms! This must have course has a 4.7 rating out of 1,226 ratings with more than 12 thousand students enrolled.