Social Media Weekend: Social Media Marketing Resolutions for 2011
Happy New Year!
I am a big fan of setting goals. I am also a big fan of not telling anyone about them. Here’s why:
But still when setting goals do it the right way. I have found the SMART way a pretty useful tool for that. In short your goals should be:
Specific – Well defined and understandable.
Measurable – real numbers, visitors, subscribers, sales, dollars
Attainable – set the goal out of your comfort zone but not to far so you feel overwhelmed
Realistic – resources, knowledge and time
Time Based – set aside enough time to achieve the goal but not too much.
Now let’s look at what goals other people have been setting in social media marketing.
- Share what I’m learning. Michelle Stinson Ross
- Reach out to others. Michelle Stinson Ross
- Execute a Facebook Campaign. Lisa Wehr
- You will consider about mobile marketing as a strategy. seofreeinfo.net
- Share better content. Elisabeth Michaud
- Engage–REALLY engage. Elisabeth Michaud
- Focus on Quality, Not Quantity. John Paul Titlow
- Create a custom landing page for Facebook. Monika Jansen
- Add calls to action to your website. Monika Jansen
- If you have not already joined LinkedIn, then do so ASAP. Shari Weiss
- I will not “auto” anything. Steve McKee
- I will continue to explore. Steve McKee
- Spend more time on my CTAs. Lauren B Botney
- Be sure that return on investment (ROI) continues to be discussed and explored. Mark Evans
- I want to publish no less than 2 posts per week, as well as 2 guest posts per month. Ingrid Abboud
- Establish your expertise by asking and answering questions. Renee C. Quinn
Image credit: Madhavan M