Forrester’s Overview of Corporate Listening Platforms
Last Updated on
We covered 48 free social media monitoring tools so you could test and play around with them. The result of that should be understanding of what are these free tools lacking and what are your specific needs.
If you are at all serious about social media monitoring then you will end up using some of the more powerful paid tools. Forrester has evaluated nine corporate social media monitoring tools and put together an interesting overview.
- Alterian – SM2
- Collective Intellect – Social CRM Insights
- Converseon – Conversation Monitor, Conversation Miner, and Conversation Manager
- Cymfony – Cymfony Maestro Platform
- Dow Jones – Dow Jones Insight
- evolve24 – The Mirror
- Nielsen – BuzzMetrics
- Radian6 – Radian6 Dashboard, Radian6 Engagement Console
- Visible Technologies – truCast Suite
These social media monitoring tools are ranked on two dimensions and Forrester Wave lays them out in three groups: leaders, strong performers and contenders. However, “risky bets” group has been left empty. This leads me to believe that there are offerings out there that can compete with the solutions mentioned above but were left out by Forrester.
Still it is a great guide and you can download it here in PDF format The Forrester Wave™: Listening Platforms, Q3 2010.