Social Media Trends 2012: Pete Cashmore [VIDEO]
At the Mashable Media Summit Pete Cashmore presented an overview of social media trends. He covered the booming mobile industry, the relationship between tablet technology and the current media climate, and social possibilities around TV and music.
The important points in the talk “The Future of Social Media — The Current Landscape and 2012 Trends” were:
- Facebook’s frictionless sharing capabilities and social gestures
- flexible displays and bendable device screens
- news aggregation apps (i.e. Flipboard), magazine apps
- devices beyond the iPad (Kindle Fire),
- TV everywhere (mobile) and Apple iTV
- second-screen experience and social music (Spotify)
- content-licensing clash
- car apps
- location-based news and near-field communication
Jump to 2:45 to skip the introduction
Social Media Marketing 2017, PPC on 10+ Platforms.Learn how to market via Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Google and more advertising platforms! This must have course has a 4.7 rating out of 1,226 ratings with more than 12 thousand students enrolled.