SocialTwist Social Media Sharing Trends 2009
Other major findings
- Despite the social media revolution – traditional forms of networking like email and instant messaging continue to be the most popular mediums of sharing content across the Internet. Nearly 60 percent of overall sharing happens over emails.
- Facebook has displaced MySpace as the most popular social networking site when it comes to sharing content.
- It is clear that Twitter is perceived to be a news broadcast platform and not a “sharing” platform. It enjoys only 5% of “shared information” traffic among popular social platforms.
- Bookmarks are rapidly losing their significance in the social media space. Only 2% of shares happen over Bookmarking sites.
- When it comes to email services, Yahoo Mail is still the most preferred, followed by MSN. Gmail is way behind.
- Google’s services like Google Bookmarking, Google Talk, Gmail, and Blogger have failed to replicate the brand’s search engine success online, especially when it comes to ‘shared information.’
- LinkedIn, as a networking site, ranks the lowest when it comes to social media sharing.
Social Media Marketing 2017, PPC on 10+ Platforms.Learn how to market via Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Google and more advertising platforms! This must have course has a 4.7 rating out of 1,226 ratings with more than 12 thousand students enrolled.