Valentine’s Day for Marketers [INFOGRAPHIC]
Marketers love the day of love, because it’s an opportunity to drive sales and engage customers. Read tips and tricks for inspiration.
Sincerely. Valentine’s Day is a good opportunity to drive sales and engage customers. But it’s not often easy to find out what kind of promotion to run, and how to start thinking about it.
A point is clear: it worth to run a promotion at Valentine’s Day, because men spends $158 at this occasion, and people spend not only to the significant other, but also on pets, classmates and coworkers. So small value products and services have a significant advantage!
Unsexy brands can also try to run a V-day promo, but e.g. a windows&doors retailer definitely needs to think hard when crafting the marketing tagline. “Have better windows and keep the sound of live inside the flat!” – What about his one? Sexy enough to catch attention?
8 tips, which may work for every business
- Extend the occasion, start your promotion at the beginning of February!
- Donate time to charity and talk about it.
- Make a special offer like “bring someone you love, and that person gets 50% off”.
- Give a small gift to customers.
- Offer a free rose for every purchase of $30 or more.
- Give red gift wrapping for free.
- Make a SAD deal (i.e. Single Awareness Day Deal) for single people.
- Use Facebook Ad, you can target there according to relationship status.
Segmentation strategy, statistics and ideas for unsexy brands.
The original post for this infographic is here.
Your turn: What other ideas would you add to the list? Do you have any more idea for unsexy brands? Please let us know and comment your thoughts.
About the Author: Zsuzsa Szabo is the co-founder of Antavo Promotion Builder, which helps marketers to get more customers and engage the existing ones. She tweets at @szabozsuzsa and @antavopromotion.
Image credit: Alanna George
Social Media Marketing 2018, PPC on 10+ Platforms.Learn how to market via Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Google and more advertising platforms! This must have course has a 4.7 rating out of 1,226 ratings with more than 12 thousand students enrolled.