5 Tips For Promoting Your Blog With Yahoo Answers
Yahoo Answers still gets more than 1% of social media market share of visits! That is more than 35 million people every month!
While Yahoo is no longer regarded as the 900 pound gorilla of web destinations, their massive site and its many branches still offer countless ways to promote a blog. One of my favorites is Yahoo Answers. A virtually endless number of topics are covered so you should have no trouble at all finding a category that matches the theme of your website. Here are five tips for using Yahoo Answers to promote your blog:
1. Find the category that best matches the theme of your blog. Simply visit http://answers.yahoo.com and log in using your regular Yahoo username and password. Then click on the “Browse Categories” tab located near the top of the page. “Drill down” through the sub-categories until you find the one that bests matches your blog.
2. Scroll through the list of questions until you find one that you feel comfortable answering. Ideally, try to find a question that either hasn’t been answered yet or only has one or two answers given thus far.
3. Answer the question to the best of your ability, offering extra information over and above the bare minimum necessary to qualify as an acceptable answer. For example, if a user asks about the best way to remove a certain virus from her PC, don’t simply give the steps required to perform the task at hand. Also write a short paragraph explaining the origin of the virus and ways to prevent becoming infected again in the future. Feel free to hit your favorite search engine for a quick boost in knowledge that you can then impart to the questioner via your answer.´
4. After you have answered the question to your satisfaction, list the URL of a relevant post on your blog as the source (citation) for your answer. You don’t have such a post on your blog? No problem, write one! It needn’t be long or very detailed, just basically a landing page for folks to hit when they click on the link. You can always return to the post when you’re done with the question at hand to flesh it out with more detailed information. Since you took the time to make your answer the best of the bunch, it will likely be selected as the “best answer” – which of course means extra eyeballs, clicks and traffic to your blog!
5. Repeat this process by answering another question and finding (or writing) another blog post to match it. Even when you’re just starting out you can answer up to 40 questions per day (and potentially add up to 40 relevant posts to your blog!). In addition to the traffic you’ll receive from people clicking on your links in the “Source” box, you’ll also receive plenty of search engine traffic because the major search engines just love indexing and ranking the content from Yahoo Answers!
Conclusion: I have been using Yahoo Answers to drive super-targeted traffic to my blogs and websites for years, and I have been absolutely thrilled with the results. If you really know the ins-and-outs of your blog’s topic (and/or how to do a quick bit of research) you too will be able to get some amazing results from your efforts.
Rick Rouse is the owner of RLROUSE Infoblog as well as a frequent user of Yahoo Answers.
Social Media Marketing 2017, PPC on 10+ Platforms.Learn how to market via Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Google and more advertising platforms! This must have course has a 4.7 rating out of 1,226 ratings with more than 12 thousand students enrolled.