Top 15 Most Popular Social Networking Sites (and 10 Apps!)
Maybe you know the top 3 or even the top 5 social networking sites, but do you know what’s happening behind them?
We have compiled a list with 15 most popular sites worldwide. The findings are based on original research which are further calculated using 3 databases: Compete and Quantcast that show unique visitor from the US, and Alexa rankings which combine average daily visitors and pageviews over the past 3 months globally.
The actual numbers of monthly visitors are gathered from different sites. We bring you the latest data out there.
Top Social Networking Sites
Last updated: September 18, 2016
Visual size comparison
And wait, we have news for you! All the three databases indicate YouTube might be taking over Facebook in unique monthly visitors:
If you want to find out more about how powerful video is predicted to become, check out this infographic!
You can also take a look at our interactive graph
Top 10 Social Networking Sites by Market Share of Visits [USA]
Top Social Networking Apps
With the growing popularity of mobile networking, we have also created a list of 10 leading social apps globally. These apps are in fierce competition with the main social sites already!
Here are top 10 social networks apps worldwide as of October 2016:
- WhatsApp– Number of Active Users – 1,000,000,000
- Messenger– Number of Active Users – 1,000,000,000
- WeChat– Number of Active Users – 806,000,000
- QQ Chat – Number of Active Users – 780,000,000
- QZone– Number of Active Users – 652,000,000
- Instagram– Number of Active Users – 500,000,000
- Viber– Number of Active Users – 249,000,000
- LINE– Number of Active Users – 218,000,000
- Snapchat– Number of Active Users – 200,000,000
- YY– Number of Active Users – 122,000,000
Statistics from: Statista