Is Social Media Ruining Students? [Infographic]
- Those that multitask between Facebook and studying have 20% lower grades
- 79% of students surveyed don’t believe this
- Facebook users make far less money while in college
- 85% of Facebook users worked less than 5hrs a week
- 80% of non-Facebook users that worked over 16hrs a week
- Facebook users are twice as likely to be involved in campus activities
- 20% experiencing a feeling of social connectedness among Facebook users
- They are twice as likely to feel “Popular”
- 48% of students think they are sadder than their Facebook friends
- 25% of college students show serious depression in their status updates
Posted on: April 28, 2011
Read These Related Posts
Graduate school for unemployed college students via Seth's Blog. Althou this is a good advice for unemployed college students it is a great idea for...
A study released by Twix, showed students would rather give up their significant other than technology when taking a study break. This may seem...
The study "Social Networking Usage and Grades Among College Students" (PDF) finds that students who heavily engage in social networking do just as...