Rules for Facebook Page Usernames
IMPORTANT!!! Once you have claimed a username by clicking the “Confirm” button, it is not possible to edit it, or to transfer your username to a different account on Facebook. Additionally, when an account is removed from the site, its username will not be made available to other users for security reasons.
Now with the important stuff out of the way here is a short overview of the Facebook’s Questions and Answers about usernames for pages. It is a good idea to get a username to promote your page with a short URL (facebook.com/mypage). You can use it in your marketing, website, business cards, etc. Now, there are some rules and guidelines:
- You have to be an administrator of a Facebook Page to choose your username at facebook.com/username. You can manage the usernames of all your pages in the same place.
- All Pages created after May 31, 2009 or that had less than 1,000 fans on that day are eligible to claim usernames if they have more than 25 fans.
- Your username should be straightforward and easy to remember.
- Create a username that is as close as possible to your public figure or business name (e.g. AshtonKutcher, PizzaHut).
- Generic words such as “flowers” or “pizza” are not available as usernames.
- If you own the rights to a given name, make it your username so that others cannot obtain it.
- Usernames can contain only alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9) or a period (“.”).
- Usernames are not transferable.
- Only one username is allowed per Page.
- Your username must adhere to Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
- If someone’s username infringes your rights, fill out the username infringement form. For other reports of intellectual property infringement please go to: How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement.
How to claim your username?
Go to facebook.com/username and follow these steps.
Social Media Marketing 2018, PPC on 10+ Platforms.Learn how to market via Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Google and more advertising platforms! This must have course has a 4.7 rating out of 1,226 ratings with more than 12 thousand students enrolled.