Welcome to my best Amazon FBA course review, where I thoroughly break down the top performing FBA training courses based on quality, production value, reputation, and student performance.
I’ve been in the online business world for more than 14 years now, and after taking a deep dive into Amazon FBA many years back, I know what information and coaching you need to build a six-figure (or bigger) store.
Some courses nearly guarantee success and could change your life forever. Others are just scams full of information anyone can google in a second.
A Bit About Me and My Amazon FBA Journey
I wish I was you right now…
Seriously, I wish I was about to deep dive into Amazon FBA (fulfillment by Amazon) for the first time.
I’ve been in the eCommerce business and online marketing world for more than fourteen years now. I got my start way back in prehistoric SEO times, filling sites with spun content, stuffing a bunch of keywords into every page, and watching as the money rolled in.
Things were AMAZING.
Well, times have changed. It’s not nearly as easy to make money online anymore. That’s why I’ve diversified into so many different areas.
I decided to branch out and get involved in Amazon FBA a few years ago when I noticed that nearly all of my successful friends were getting into it.
I already had business and marketing skills, I had a ton of contacts, and knew my way around Amazon after working in the affiliate space for years – things were going to be easy, right?
I had to work my A** off. FBA is way harder than just retail arbitrage, private label products and fly-by-night new strategies.
Finding products is not easy. Finding suppliers is even harder. And that’s just the very beginning. Then I had to learn how to create product listings, launch products, promote them, and manage the whole damn store (I hate fees…).
When a friend recommended I try a course, I was a bit skeptical. I'd already had some success, so why invest money in a course?
Well, he convinced me. And I’m glad he did (thanks Nate).
It changed EVERYTHING. I learned so many new things, and realized so many simple mistakes I was making that were killing my business. All I could think the whole time was…
“WHY DIDN’T I BUY THIS 2 YEARS AGO?!”.
I could have skipped all the mistakes, long nights not knowing what I was doing, untrustworthy suppliers, money wasted on Amazon ads, and everything else that made me want to quit. I could’ve skipped all that and gone straight to being profitable.
The course I took is my #1 recommendation in this article.
But I realize it might not be for everyone, either because of the price, structure, or difficulty. So I wanted to compare it to other options, ones that were more affordable or easier to complete.
Personally, I love structured courses that teach you everything from the ground up step-by-step rather than just like “here’s 100 videos. Do whatever you want”-type courses. It’s up to you.
My 10 Criteria for This Article
Here’s what I considered before ranking these courses:
- The founders, their background, and their current reputation
- The student community
- How up to date is the information?
- How in-depth is the information?
- Is this info something YOU CAN’T Google or get from YouTube?
- The product selection module
- Added extras: bonuses, coaching, networking events, etc.
- What’s included for the price?
- How easy is it to follow
- Production quality
Are Amazon FBA Courses Worth It?
“Why get an Amazon FBA course. You can just google everything and learn for free.” – someone on Reddit who has no idea what they’re talking about.
I get this question all the time.
Yes, Amazon FBA courses are worth it (if they’re good).
This is the equivalent of saying “Why get a language teacher? There’s a dictionary in every book store!”.
Yes, it’s true that you could figure this all out on your own.
There are a ton of great resources out there from blogs to free books and even Facebook groups with successful Amazon FBA entrepreneurs chit chatting about the ins and outs of running a successful store.
But if you want to DIY, you’ll have to learn everything on your own, take a lot of risks, figure out the solution to every problem along the way, and then master different promotional tools and strategies one-by-one (e.g. Amazon ads).
The learning curve would be massive, and you’ll have no one to turn to for help. Ask me how I know…
A course is literally a roadmap that drastically flattens the learning curve.
You’ll eliminate the hard work and jump straight to the execution phase, and you’ll do it all with the certainty of knowing it will work. If you go it alone, you won’t know if you’re going in the wrong direction until it’s too late.
Plus, most courses offer coaching, webinars, mastermind groups full of successful entrepreneurs, and even discounts on key software. Google THAT, Mr. Reddit…
Trust me, I DIY’d my first store for the most part and it’s one of my biggest regrets. I could be retired by now if I’d taken a good course.
Without further adieu…
The 7 Best Amazon FBA Courses of 2023
1. The Amazing Selling Machine – the Best Amazon FBA Course and Industry Alpha Dog
Founder(s): Jason Katzenback and Matt Clarke
Who It’s For: Complete beginners who want a step-by-step blueprint to a six-figure income, including 1-on-1 hand holding from 7-figure Amazon sellers. Plus the world’s leading community so you can network with other business owners to grow your store faster while lowering risk.
Length: ~180 Hours of videos
USP: Monthly group coaching calls, access to the best live events, founder’s private resource vault (including personal contacts for big discounts)
The Amazing Selling Machine (ASM) is the world’s most popular (30,000 + members), comprehensive, and immersive Amazon FBA training experience. I mean, who else can claim they’ve worked with Richard Branson of Virgin and John Mackey of Whole Foods?
ASM took me from modest success to “WOW, I SHOULD START A WEBSITE ABOUT THIS STUFF”.
It’s actually much more than Amazon FBA training – it’s private mentorship from two of the world’s most successful, reputable, and knowledgeable sellers. Jason and Matt are absolute bosses, and two of the most respected names in the industry.
Imagine if an 8-figure Amazon seller invited you to their mansion for 8 weeks, showed you everything they knew, gave you all their business contacts, shared all their secrets, and then held your hand through the whole process step-by-step until you had a profitable online business.
Now imagine that, PLUS they invited you to the world’s most bespoke Amazon FBA events so you could meet other successful students, network, and grow your business faster. And to top it off, if you aren’t successful in 6 months, they reimburse you and buy up to $7,500 worth of inventory back from you!
It takes all of the hard work and uncertainty out of choosing and sourcing products, setting up a store, optimizing listings, and attracting customers. It’s as close to guaranteed success as possible in this biz.
I’m not saying you’re guaranteed to succeed. That’s not possible. I’m just saying this is as close as it gets to a guarantee as there is.
In fact, the company claims the average student makes about $60,000 in revenue for their store per year (students who joined between 2013-2016, for the sake of having enough longevity behind the data).
The $5,000 price tag is steep, but it’s worth double the price or even more.
Here’s what you get:
- 8-Weeks of Expert Training: 100+ easy-to-digest and in-depth videos covering everything from the very basics to working with influencers to grow your brand.
- Amazing Selling Machine Mentorship: Mentors holding your hand through all of the toughest challenges. Worth more than the price alone if you ask me.
- Amazing Selling Machine Private Community: Build lifelong friendships and business connections.
- The Private Resource Vault: There’s no dollar figure for this resource. It’s literally all of the private contacts, templates, and tools of the founders. Most of this knowledge IS NOT PUBLIC. You know how cynics say “can’t you just google it?”. No, man. You can’t “just google” this stuff.
The only real downside is the huge price tag. But if you think about it in terms of value, it’s a no brainer.
If you’re serious about becoming a successful Amazon seller and changing your life forever, this is the course that will get you there and act as your freedom ticket.
- Proven and popular
- Private coaching calls
- Industry leading mentorship
- Private resource vault (something you can’t “just google”)
- Active and helpful community
- Pricy (but worth it)
- Founders don’t teach all the videos (weird)
Not convinced? Check out our full Amazing Selling Machine review.
No matter how many articles you read about the best Amazon FBA courses, you'll almost always see this on top unless they have some kind of bias. It's simply the best damn option.
2. Helium 10 Freedom Ticket And Tool Suite (Amazon FBA Training Plus FBA Tools) – The Best FBA Deal on the Internet
Founder (s): Helium 10 and Kevin King
Who Helium 10’s Freedom Ticket is For: If Amazing Selling Machine is out of your price range, Freedom Ticket is ideal for you. This is the fastest, easiest, most cost effective way to start, grow, and manage a successful Amazon business. You can be up and running and successful in way less time – at a fraction of the cost (I explain why it’s not #1 below).
Length: N/A (dispersed over 8 weeks)
USP: Two 100% necessary products for one low price. In FBA, you can’t win without hands on training and game-changing tools. With Freedom Ticket, you get them both for an absurdly low price. Not only are you getting elite training, you’re getting tools to put that training into action for $39/mo instead of $5,000.
Price: Starting from $39/mo ($997 for Freedom Ticket a la carte without Helium 10)
If Amazing Selling Machine is too expensive, this is the perfect alternative.
Freedom Ticket is elite Amazon FBA training from millionaire seller Kevin King PLUS Helium 10’s product research, keyword research, business management, and marketing tools in one package.
In case you’re new to this game, Helium 10 is an all-in-one mega suite of Amazon FBA tools covering everything from finding products to analytics, ads, product launches, and listing optimization.
We've listed it as the #1 tool on pretty much every Amazon FBA tool roundup, comparison, and video. You really can't beat it.
This bundle is an absolute steal, and ideal for anyone looking to start an Amazon store, grow a remote income, and earn their ticket to freedom. It’s all the Amazon FBA training you need PLUS the world’s best suite of FBA tools in one package.
You could easily find a killer product, build a store, and grow a thriving business, all for about $450 a year instead of $5,000 with ASM (though ASM is still #1 – please see below). There’s a reason this is called Freedom Ticket – thousands of people have used it to escape the 9-5, start their own business, achieve freedom, and travel the world.
You’re going to need Helium 10 anyway. All successful FBA sellers use it. If you aren’t using it, you’ll always be a step behind. So, why not just get it and your training together?
In fact, this deal is so good I didn’t even believe the news when I read it. Normally, Freedom Ticket costs $997.
Getting it included in your subscription is basically stealing.
If Freedom Ticket is so Good, Why is ASM Still #1?
It doesn't matter how good the tools and training are in Freedom Ticket, there’s nothing that matches ASM’s community.
The community is worth MORE than the training in my opinion.
The private mentorship, events, coaching calls, and community are like a business accelerator.
Any time you have a question, it’s answered by an expert. Every time you consider a major business decision, you get input from an expert. When new, cutting edge info comes out, you get it first. Even if Freedom Ticket’s training is better and the tools are amazing, ASM is still better for building a business.
Here’s what you get:
- In-depth training from an FBA vet: Kevin King puts on a tour de force over 90+ videos based on his 25 years selling online. And it’s not just about Amazon either. He teaches how to run a real business.
- The best FBA tools hands down: There are two types of FBA tools: Helium 10 and everyone else. It empowers you to do everything from finding a product and validating it to launching, growing, and managing your store all for one low subscription.
- Helium 10 resources: They aren’t as good as ASM, but the podcast, training academy, discussion forum, and weekly trainings on PPC (Taco Tuesdays) are just extra, high-ROI value you can’t get anywhere else.
What Can I Do With Helium 10?
Just to drive home how valuable a subscription is, let me show you just a sample of what I do/have done with Helium 10:
- Xray: Instant details on 450 million products at a glance including estimated sales, review count, fees, and more.
- Black Box: The best product research tool in existence. Dozens of search filters to find high demand, low competition products.
- Scribbles: Build perfectly optimized Amazon product listings in a fraction of the time.
- Cerebro: Reverse engineer successful competitors’ keywords, identify weaknesses, and outrank the S*** out of them.
- Refund Genie: Automate refund management and take back hours of time each week with 0 mistakes.
- Profits: Track sales and profits, gain valuable insights, and learn where your bread is buttered to focus your time better, spend less, and earn more.
- Elite training from firsthand experience
- Backed by the industry’s most successful FBA tools brand
- Elite FBA tools included in subscription (with certain restrictions)
- 10x less than ASM
- No elite community
- Some tool access restricted on cheaper plans (upgrading is cheap though)
- Helium 10 may be tough to master in the beginning
- If you cancel your subscription, you lose Freedom Ticket
Either way, a no-brainer if you're on a budget – click here to check it out.
3. Jungle Scout Freedom Builder Bootcamp (Plus JS Pro Subscription)
Founder(s): Greg Mercer
Reputation: 4 out of 5
Who Freedom Builder Bootcamp is For: Freedom Builder is a 30+ hour bootcamp ideal for novices looking for a simple, streamlined FBA training plus access to high-end FBA tools from the best keyword research tool in the game. If you’re a go getter that wants to “sell as they learn”, this is your bag.
Length: 30+ hours.
USP: Greg Mercer details how he went from 0 to hero in 10 modules covering everything from research and PPC to scaling and advanced seller strategies. Plus, you get 12 months of Jungle Scout Pro included in the deal. Essentially, you’re getting excellent training AND critical FBA tools in one package for about 75% off.
Freedom Builder Bootcamp is a pure, 0% body fat assault on Amazon FBA strategies from 8-figure seller, Greg Mercer.
Greg walks you through everything – from research to advanced techniques – from the ground up, then provides live training, community access, listing feedback, AND 12 months of Pro subscription to his kicka** FBA toolsuite, Jungle Scout.
Wow. That was a mouthful.
So, for $999, you’re getting:
- Training on research, sourcing, launching, branding, and selling
- Live training from real Amazon experts
- Bonus documents
- Prioirty customer support
- A helpful community
- Product research tools
- A supplier database
- Review automation
- Listings builder
- Advertising analytics
And way more than I could possibly cover here.
Whereas Helium 10’s training is far more detailed and Amazing Selling Machine’s is downright immersive at times, Jungle Scout’s is a lot more straightforward and fast paced. Hence why I recommend it more for go getters who are more interested in getting infinite access to kickass tools and doing this themselves (though not recommended).
Key Differences Between Freedom Builder Bootcamp and Freedom Ticket
There’s a whole lot of freedom going on here, so let me walk you through some key differences here.
- Helium 10’s training and tools are better: Flat out. No comparison. The training is more detailed and the tools do more, are more accurate, and more comprehensive. Helium 10 does everything JS does just better – except the supplier database.
- Helium 10 is more affordable: Freedom Ticket comes with the cheapest plan, so you pay $39/mo rather than $999 right from the start.
- Jungle Scout gives you unfettered tool access: Helium 10 restricts tool usage on the cheapest plans. It’s pretty complicated so have a look at pricing. With JS, $999 gets you 12 months of Pro with unrestricted access.
- Jungle Scout might be overkill: Look, you can’t go from 0 to hero in just a few weeks. Ain’t going to happen. Why does that matter? Because the Pro subscription comes with a ton of features you might not even be able to use until your store is profitable, which means a lot of what you spend might go to waste. For example, 6 user seats. Are you really going to have a team of 6 people before you make your first sale? Nah.
Helium 10 is for entrepreneurs that want to take this seriously, invest a ton of time learning every little detail about FBA, and learn what it takes to run a real business, then add to their plan as their business grows.
Jungle Scout is for those who want fast training and complete access to a massive tool suite and try to “learn as they sell”. Personally, I don’t like that strategy at all, but it’s your life.
- Unrestricted access to all Jungle Scout tools
- Lean, fast paced training
- Everything comes from Greg Mercer – a certified boss
- Best supplier database in existence
- Bonus live trainings
- Less in-depth than Helium 10
- Helium 10’s tools are superior
Click here to check it out and see everything they offer!
4. Blue Sky Amazon – My Personal Favorite Amazon FBA Course
Founder(s): Sophie Howard
Who It’s For: Intermediate FBA sellers looking to create a long-lasting, impactful product that resonates with a core group of dedicated supporters.
Length: ~35 hours
Videos: 2 courses/14 modules of content
USP: Sophie doesn’t teach “tips” or “tricks” that go out of style. She teaches rock solid marketing and branding principles that empower you to create a brand that people really care about. And it’s all based on her experience growing multiple successful brands with loyal followings.
Price: $3,495 (installments available)
The Queen of Amazon Selling’s industry disrupting take on Amazon FBA is without a doubt my FAVORITE FBA course and one of the best Amazon FBA courses overall.
It’s the only course out there that teaches something completely different than the rest.
Sophie Howard doesn’t want to teach you little tips and hacks for making money as an Amazon seller. Instead, she shows you how to source unique products, grow a loyal audience, and scale to the moon with virtual assistants and automated sales funnels – you're building a real e commerce business that you can sell, not just a seller account and some side income.
Think of it this way – most Amazon FBA courses, even the elite ones, teach you how to make money on Amazon. Blue Sky teaches you how to create a lasting and impactful brand that resonates with a dedicated audience and can NEVER be copied.
She focuses on finding “long-term” products not retail arbitrage, mainly through unique search methods including physically going off the beaten path to far flung, exotic places like Indonesia, India, and the United States (wait, what? You can also use Helium 10 for this).
A few of the unique things you get only in this course:
- Sophie’s high MOQ strategy: Most courses recommend a low minimum order quantity product. Sophie’s strategy is the opposite. High MOQ means greater barrier to entry, which decreases the competition and reduces copycats. This is the first building block to a rock solid brand that nobody can copy.
- Finding long-term products: Sophie shows you her unique hybrid strategy for finding long-term products that never go out of style and result in million-dollar windfalls.
- Sophie’s branding knowledge bombs: The best module in the course. Instead of taking something from Alibaba, slapping a private label on it, and competing with everyone and their mother, Sophie shows you unique branding insights that only she knows. The result? You create a real brand that’s impossible to compete with.
Blue Sky is definitely NOT my top choice for new sellers. It doesn’t care much about the basics of selling on Amazon and it’s not really in the “blueprint” style. It’s more like “how to create a lasting, impactful brand”.
Also, it doesn’t come with the level of mentorship, coaching, or community as ASM. If your goal is to take a blueprint and make as much money as possible, get ASM (or a more affordable alternative). If you want to create a real brand that you and a following care about, Blue Sky is your ticket.
- One-of-a-kind content
- Create long-lasting brands
- Learn to create something that’s impossible to copy
- Excellent branding knowledge
- Not a blueprint
- Not good for beginners
- Lacking practical tips for actually selling products (lots of mindset, branding theory, how to judge reviews etc.)
- Lacking support
5. Proven Amazon Course – The Best “Cheap” Amazon FBA Course
Founder(s): Jim Cockrum
Who It’s For: Self-motivated beginners who want to learn all the basics they need to succeed at a fraction of the price of bigger courses.
Length: ~7 hours
Videos: N/A (Too many different things to list)
USP: Access to all key information, training courses, and ebooks for dirt cheap plus pre-recorded live events full of the latest Amazon FBA tips.
ALSO: Great for international sellers.
Price: $499/$29 per month
Jim Cockrum’s Proven Amazon Course is a series of over 20 courses covering every Amazon FBA topic imaginable.
- Selling T-shirts
- Selling coffee
- Sourcing products
- Sourcing wholesale products
- Looking for promotional companies
- Amazon business basics
There are tons of “off the beaten path” topics that aren’t even remotely touched in other courses.
You get all of the information you need to start a successful Amazon business, and all at a fraction of the price of the “big ticket” courses.
At just $29/month, it’s way more affordable than anything else on this list.
But it’s so cheap. Does it work?
There are nearly 50,000 successful members of Jim’s community, all sharing their experiences and knowledge in his popular Facebook group.
Jim has taken the opposite approach of most course creators – he wants to make his course accessible to all. Low prices plus a high number of students equals a massive, thriving community. No other course can compete with that, because not enough people can afford them.
Jim’s course does a great job of covering the basics like private labeling, product sourcing, optimizing listings, and growing your brand.
But what makes it one of the best Amazon FBA courses is the depth of knowledge on quirky topics. Most courses just teach you how to find products and sell them.
Proven Amazon Course shows you all different “niche” topics, meaning you can really find your calling as an Amazon business owner.
Here are some of my favorite modules:
- Book Sourcing: How to find highly profitable books and get in on the low competition action.
- Bundling: How to bundle products together for exponential profits.
- Trade Show No Show (eBook): How Jim finds high margin trade show products to sell on Amazon WITHOUT EVEN GOING TO THE TRADE SHOWS!
- International AZ: An awesome course for people living outside the USA.
- Coffee Masterclass: How to source and sell coffee on Amazon.
And this all comes with access to Jim’s thriving Facebook community.
A Fair Warning About The Proven Amazon FBA Course
Here’s a fair summation of this course: Proven Amazon FBA Course is an inch thick and a mile wide.
You get fairly shallow information about a very wide range of Amazon selling, marketing, and operations topics. PAC comes nowhere near the level of depth of ASM or Blue Sky. That and there’s no real rhyme or reason to the order. If you’ve got an ADHD brain, you’ll struggle to keep with it.
Personally, I prefer courses that walk you step-by-step through what to do, why you do it, how to do it, then what to do next. You know, the “blueprints” of the world.
I mean, you can’t really complain at this price. It’s up to 10x cheaper than other Amazon FBA courses on this list, and it gives you an incredible wealth of knowledge.
Think of this like an affordable resource for learning HOW to make money on Amazon in different ways, then you need to learn the rest. Compare it to ASM, which is a step-by-step blueprint to a six or seven-figure store complete with mentoring and private resources. Now you see why it’s so much cheaper.
Still a great course though.
- Very affordable
- Tons of great topics like coffee, shirts, books, etc.
- A mix of personalities in the videos
- Everything from basic to very advanced concepts
- Not as in-depth
- Little rhyme or reason to the videos
- Lacking in marketing training
6. Zon Ninja Masterclass – a Fun “Mid-Range” FBA Training
Founder (s): Kevin David
Who It’s For: Beginner to advanced sellers looking for in-depth content, but who don’t need a step-by-step blueprint to success. Think of this more as an Amazon training library rather than a “course”.
Videos: 5 Modules + tons of supporting content and bonuses
USP: Kevin is a YouTube celebrity with an engaging, energetic delivery. You’ll love every second of watching him in action.
Price: $1,997 (Installments available)
Kevin David is the ultra “extra” YouTube celebrity known for his over-the-top delivery, animated limbs, and beginner-friendly videos with scrillions of views.
He also happens to have one hell of an Amazon FBA course.
His delivery isn’t my style and his sales page is a bit “this will change your life forever” for my taste, but his course really surprised me.
I logged in fully expecting to hate on every second of it, but man did he prove me wrong. He really knows his stuff, especially ads. His Amazon PPC training is mindblowing. I’ve been doing this more than a decade, and I learned things I’d never even heard of before.
Like basically every other course, he walks you through product research, supplier sourcing, and product launch strategies.
But the real value comes from social media training and listings optimization. This is probably one of the best Amazon FBA courses for social media and advertising on the Amazon market. Something other Amazon FBA courses don't really give enough attention to in my opinion.
- Listings Optimization: Learn the mistakes that kill most product listings, the fastest and easiest way to rank on Page 1, how to hack your rankings, and how to fully optimize your title from the very beginning. Overall, I give this training a 10 out 10. It’s that good.
- Social Media: Kevin is really a ninja at this stuff. He teaches FB, Instagram, Amazon PPC, Clickfunnels, and other ways to amplify your reach and bring in low-competition traffic. If you don’t do Amazon PPC right, you’ll hurt your rankings and waste a ton of money. Kevin actually shows you how to ninja it the right way.
Plus he offers a ton of cool bonus material like how to remove negative feedback, how to outsource customer service, how to use chat bots during launch for extra profits, and even a training on Merch by Amazon.
Is Kevin David Legit?
I felt the need to answer this question since so many people have asked me and it’s literally everywhere online.
Yes, Kevin David is 100% legit. He’s a bit over the top, and comes off a bit spammy at times, but that’s all part of his YouTube celebrity persona. The guy has 800,000 followers on YouTube now, and over 500,000 students have taken his courses. If he weren’t legit, he’d have been exposed by now. He’s not my favorite, but he definitely knows his stuff.
Plus his rating on TrustPilot is 5 stars:
His reputation checks out.
Now for Some of the Drawbacks
I’m not a fan of Kevin’s over-the-top, “this will change everything in your life” delivery. And I really don’t like this “make $1,000 per day from Amazon!” videos. They just aren’t realistic. But hey, YouTube can be a dirty game sometimes, so I don’t judge.
But there are two things about this course that really irk me:
- Some things are out of date: The product selection module and his “hacks” are a bit too 2017 for my taste. The market is more competitive now, and it takes even more creative research than what he teaches. I’m afraid that beginner sellers might shoot themselves in the foot by choosing the wrong product based on his methods. If that’s the case, it doesn’t matter how good you are at marketing, you’ll lose.
- Lack of cohesion: I’m not entirely sure what’s going on in this course. The content is great, but the structure is non-existent. If you haven’t noticed by now, I’m a big fan of structured courses. This might be tough for beginners to handle.
I give this course a 4 out of 5 Karl Stars. At $1,997, it’s a step down in price and quality from ASM and Bluesky, but a step up from Proven Amazon Course.
My advice is if you can’t afford ASM and you want something better than Proven, Zon Ninja Masterclass is a solid course that’ll give you all the skills needed to build a thriving FBA biz.
- Kevin’s energetic delivery keeps it interesting
- World class Amazon PPC training
- Tons of bonuses
- Access to his Black Belt community
- Lack of cohesion
- Some out of date trainings
- I personally don’t like the delivery and this is my review so there
Click here to give Kevin a shot.
7. Marketplace Superheroes – The Best “Affordable” FBA Course
Founder(s): Robert Ricky and Steven Somers
Who It’s For: New sellers who want an extremely easy course to follow with high-quality information, but not so in-depth that it’s overwhelming.
USP: Course presentation is 10/10 and MPSH’s dedicated team helps you every step of the way. It’s either hands off or totally hands on – it’s up to you.
Last on my list is Marketplace Superheroes.
This very affordable alternative to ASM, Zon Ninja, and Bluesky contains 100+ TV production-quality videos, practical screenshares, and simple step-by-step instructions for finding, branding, importing, and selling high-margin products around the globe.
If you want a step up in quality from the Proven Amazon Course, but don’t have more than $1,000 to spend, this is the perfect course for you. It gives you an excellent base for a store for about $4,000 LESS than ASM, and once you start to make some money you can always reinvest into more elite training.
Robert and Steve’s students have sold more than $30 MILLION worth of products in markets across the world. Including the US, Canada, UK, and Australia.
You’ll love the videos, too. The videos are stunning, smooth, and very easy to digest. You’ll actually enjoy immersing yourself in it for 4-5 hours at a time or more.
And all this in-depth, over the shoulder training from experts comes with a proprietary software only they own – the 4S Product Finder Chrome Extension. This is an instant shortcut to your “shortlist”, the final contenders for the first product you’ll actually sell.
My favorite part of this entire course…
I absolutely loved the “Superhero Journey”, a real 6-month case study of an Amazon newbie going from finding their first product to profitability. It felt like I was starting all over again.
The $997 price includes some super helpful bonuses not offered in other Amazon FBA courses either:
- Superhero Journey: I explained already.
- Map the Market: An over the shoulder training for finding profitable products.
- Elite Bootcamp: A recording of a $3,000 FBA bootcamp in Ireland.õ
- 100 Product Ideas in 7 Days: Robert shows you how he finds juicy products for nearly instant results.
And all of this comes at about 80% less than the price of ASM and 50% less than Kevin David’s course.
What You Won’t Like About This Course…
The content is super high-quality, up to date, and easy to digest, but there’s no coaching, mentoring, private resources, or any of the snazzy extras you get with most big name courses.
And the community isn’t as thriving or helpful as some ASM or Zon Ninja’s.
Also, I don’t consider any of the training to be truly “elite”. For example, Kevin David’s Amazon PPC is mindblowing, and ASM’s stuff is more comprehensive and in-depth. Nothing in this course is at that level.
Again, for this price, you really can’t complain. It’s the foundation for a profitable store for 80% LESS than ASM.
- TV quality production
- Easy to digest
- Great bonuses
- Affordable pricing
- Nothing elite
- No mentoring or coachingõ
- No private resources
- Not as much structure (my favorite!)
Get ASM if you can afford it. You’ll be glad you did.
If you can’t afford it, choose the course that’s in your price range or fits your learning style based on my recommendations. If you’re more interested in the brand aspect, Blue Sky is perfect. If you need something cheap, Proven or Superheroes is more your jam.
I’m 100% confident ANYONE can build a profitable Amazon store with any of these courses, even if you’ve got zero experience.
OK, still with me? I hope you don’t have post traumatic stress disorder after all that.
I bet you’ve noticed something by now…
Every course in this review teaches the same business model besides Blue Sky. You find a niche product, you make your own brand, and then you sell that product under your own label to customers and we’re all none the wiser.
This bonus mention is a complete 180 from every other course. It’s completely different, and I don’t think it gets nearly as much attention as it should.
Private labelling is massively popular, lucrative, and still growing, but man is it tough. It’s going to take a lot of hard work, dedicated research, and creativity to get off the ground.
What if you’re looking for something easier? What if you don’t care about making millions on your own brand and instead just want a simple business model that’s a low-risk way of making really good money. And if you’re good, you can still get rich without all of the competition?
The Wholesale Formula – The Only Complete Amazon Wholesale Training
Founder(s): Dylan Frost and Dan Meadors
Who It’s For: For anyone wanting a unique, bulletproof approach to selling on Amazon: the wholesale way. Skip all the landmines of private labelling and become an AUTHORIZED wholesale reseller of popular products.
Length: N/A (this isn’t the typical course)
Videos: N/A (this isn’t the typical course)
USP: Dylan and Dan teach a unique Amazon selling method where you source wholesale products as an authorized reseller. The benefit? You avoid the majority of landmines encountered when private labelling products.
What if, instead of finding unique product ideas, going through all the trouble of creating your own brand, and then slowly building up sales one by one, you could flip the script and go wholesale?
Wholesale is when you buy a huge order of products from a reliable seller and then resell those products on Amazon under THEIR label instead of yours.
The barrier to entry is higher money wise (you need a lot to get started) but it’s way lower risk and less competitive. The vast majority of new sellers are going into private labelling, so if you zig while everyone else is zagging, you’ll avoid the majority of competition and make your life way easier.
NOTE: It’s much harder to get approved as a wholesale reseller, so you’ll have way fewer competitors. It’s worth the approval process.
The benefits of wholesaling compared to private labelling:
- Low variance: Once you purchase a bulk order, the business side is cut and dry. You have x many products at y profit margin – the rest is just basic math. The wholesale game is a lot easier to predict. And you don’t spend months building up your own brand with no guarantee of profit. You just sell someone else’s stuff.
- Lower competition: You need more to get started in the wholesale game, so you’ll be up against less competition.
- Low risk: The manufacturer still owns the brand. You’re just a seller. So almost all major issues (e.g. copyright infringement) are in their court.
The downsides are there’s a lower ceiling with this method and you need a lot more capital to get in the game.
Quick rundown of the wholesale method
Dylan and Dan have created a simple wholesale system that allows anyone to replicate this basic business model and achieve success. A lot of their students are already in the six figure range.
The Wholesale Formula is the primate, alpha dog course in this space. It’s not that it’s better than rivals – there literally is no competition.
I’m not into wholesale myself, but their reputation around the web is arightight. What I like is that their philosophy is more about cooperation than competition. Most private label brands are all about destroying the competition and gaining supremacy.
In the Wholesale Formula, these guys talk about how important it is to find small brands and cooperate, providing real value and becoming a long-term partner.
With almost 4,000 successful students already, it’s clear that their blueprint works. I won’t go into major detail, but you’ll basically get 3 courses in one teaching important concepts like:
- How to negotiate with sellers for lower prices and higher margins
- How to find profitable wholesale accounts
- How to get started with Amazon
- How to scale your business and eventually turn it on auto-pilot
Plus it comes with 12+ hours of pre-recorded webinars and exclusive discounts on expensive software.
Ready to grow a low competition, easy-to-predict cash cow business on Amazon? The Wholesale Formula is exactly what you need.
- Lower competition
- Lower variance model
- Easy-to-replicate business model
- High price course
- Lower ceiling
A Quick Amazon FBA Course Buying Guide
A good Amazon FBA training course will not come cheap. And it shouldn’t.
All those $10 Udemy courses are useless. Actually, they’re worse than useless – they’re a waste of time and money.
Here’s what to look for in a course BEFORE you buy.
The Creator’s Reputation
The quality of an Amazon FBA course starts at the top. Who is the creator? What’s the buzz around the web? Do they really walk the walk (you know, like actually do e commerce and online selling) or are they just talking and promising you a freedom ticket?
You want a course from someone who has built multiple successful Amazon FBA brands and grown a loyal following of successful students.
If they’re giving talks at conferences, have books for sale on Amazon, have a massive following, and are featured in respectable publications, then it’s reasonable to trust they know what they’re doing.
If you can’t find much information about them, don’t buy. Plain and simple. It’s easy for me because I’ve been in the industry for so long. I’ve actually met some of these people or at least know people who know them.
If you’re curious enough to check yourself, here’s what I would do:
- Check their personal Facebook page
- Check the course Facebook page
- Check for a YouTube channel
- Google their name and see where they’ve appeared. Type in words like “legit”, “scam”, or “news. You’d be surprised at what pops up
- Go to Amazon and search their name. See if they’ve published any books
For example, Jim Cockrum has a great reputation, and people love buying his marketing books.
So it’s reasonable to trust he knows what he’s doing.
Step-by-Step Blueprint or Resource Library?
This is HUGE for me, and even MORE IMPORTANT for beginners.
Some courses literally hold your hand from creating an Amazon Seller account to exiting your store a changed man/woman.
Others just kind of give you the key to a 10,000 square-foot Amazon warehouse full of knowledge bombs and leave you to your own devices.
As a beginner, I 100% recommend a course with “rails”.
What I mean is, you want a course that guides you step-by-step through everything and gives you a roadmap to success. This severely limits risk and variance, making it easy for you to experience positive progression and stay motivated.
A massive library of resources is great, but what good is it if you have no idea where to start, get overwhelmed, and quit?
Every issue you’ll ever experience in FBA has been experienced (and conquered!) by someone before you. Why go it alone when you can just ask someone who’s “been there done that” for the right answer?
A thriving community is worth the price of most Amazon FBA courses alone. They’ll keep you motivated to succeed, help you overcome challenges, and help you forge lasting personal and business relationships.
I’m still active in so many communities, and it’s where I’ve made a ton of friends (yes I have friends) and made lasting business contacts that help me on the regular.
Plus, it’s proof that what the creator is selling actually works.
Product Selection Information
Product selection is the most important part of a successful Amazon FBA business.
I repeat, product selection is the most important part of your Amazon FBA business.
Choosing a loser product is so much more detrimental than “just wasting time”. Think about it this way…
Say you choose a losing product. Now you build a brand around it. Then you spend months and god knows how much money optimizing your listings, building out your store, running Amazon ads, investing in Facebook and IG, and all of the other minutia needed to make a fortune on Bezos’ world-dominating platform.
Except nobody wants it.
Great, now not only did you waste all that time searching, you wasted a year of your life and tens of thousands of dollars on something that was doomed from the start.
The best courses teach you exactly how to find high-demand, low-competition products with great profit margins. The elite ones teach you how to do it fast and with as little risk as possible, and they even teach you how to identify high-potential products that aren’t popular yet (but will be soon).
In the end, the most important factor in an FBA course is the quality of the training videos. I can’t tell you how many course creators just take basic info, package neatly, and sell it to newbies. It’s the darker side of this industry.
It’s important to take the time to thoroughly evaluate the course, its reputation, and that of its creator. Or, you know, just trust me and get ASM.
Amazon FBA Courses F.A.Q.
Q: What’s the best Amazon FBA course?
A: The best Amazon FBA course is definitely the Amazing Selling Machine. It’s the industry standard, and the leading course for product research, supplying, product launch, listings optimization, and growing your store. The price is steep but nothing comes close to the quality.
Q: Is Amazon FBA still profitable in 2023?
A: Yes, Amazon FBA is still profitable in 2023, and will only continue to grow. If anything, now is the best time to get into the game, since there’s so much free information and so many tools to help you succeed. It’s not a get rich quick scheme anymore, but it's still very lucrative.
Q: How much is Proven Amazon Course?
A: Proven Amazon Course is only $29 per month plus you can give free access to another person who wants to make money from home for 6 months. If you want lifetime access, it’s one payment of $499.
Q: What is the best thing to sell on Amazon FBA?
A: It’s impossible to say what the best thing to sell on Amazon FBA is but some of the most profitable niches are books, pet toys, baby products, fitness clothing and equipment, and electronic accessories.
Q: How do beginners sell on Amazon?
A: Beginners sell on Amazon in one of two ways. They either find products on their own by learning how to research the market, then start a store and learn the ropes themselves. Or they buy a course and learn from an expert who’s done it before, saving time and improving their chances of success. A course can help you skip all the hard work and uncertainty that comes with Amazon FBA.